My phone has been blowing up with notifications about these red velvet cookies getting re-pinned and I am so happy about it. I’ve been hoping and praying that one of my recipes would go viral on Pinterest.
Maybe it was the Christmas spirit or the impending V-Day that has led to such a red velvet craze, but whatever the reason for the sudden popularity, I’m embracing it. And expanding on it! More red velvet? You got it! These red velvet slutty brownies are the perfect treat–a layer of decadent red velvet brownie, chocolate chip cookie, and then limited edition Red Velvet Oreos sandwiched in between.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare red velvet brownie batter and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare chocolate chip cookie dough while brownies are pre-baking.
- Remove from oven and add layer of red velvet oreos on top.
- Take a handful of chocolate chip cookie dough and flatten it in your hand. Put it on top of the red velvet oreo layer. Repeat until the entire top is covered.
- Bake from another 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting & serving.